Shamrock Protein Shake Recipe
Try this delicious and easy Shamrock Protein Shake Recipe right now! Yes—do it right now because it’s that good.
In fact, it’s undoubtedly the healthiest alternative to that pint of green beer you drink on St. Patrick’s Day and even the seasonal McDonald’s Shamrock Shake version of this recipe. Moreover, the Body360 recipe is much, much lower in carbs, grams of sugar and fat and with far less calories too.
All in all, this minty shake recipe is so delicious you won’t need Shamrock shake season as an excuse to enjoy one.
- Tastes Just Like McDonalds Recipe, Only Healthier
- Recipe Uses Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Protein Powder – Vanilla Flavor
- Contains 247 Calories, 29 Grams of Protein, 9 Grams of Fat & Only 9 Grams of Carbs
- Protein Shake & Smoothie E-guide Below
- Skip To The Recipe Here
Shamrock Protein Shake Ingredients
I’m not sure what other protein chefs or shake guru’s include in their traditional shamrock shake, but I do know our own version is quite healthy and contains no food dyes or green food coloring of any sort. In fact, we use the freshest ingredients and highest quality protein powders in each and every one of the Body360 protein shake recipes and share them with you, our loyal followers.
So let’s take a look at what’s inside this great recipe:
- Unsweetened Almond Milk: I recommend using Vanilla Flavor for added taste.
- Protein Powder: My go-to protein supplement is Optimum Nutrition’s 100% Whey Vanilla Ice Cream Flavor
- Plain Greek Yogurt: I use Chobani brand products
- Vanilla Extract – Any brand will do
- Hemp Seeds: I love to include hemp seeds in most of my shakes for their amazing health benefits including the high levels of antioxidants
- Fresh Mint Leaves – We use fresh, organic mint leaves for that oh-so delicious mint flavor
- Fresh Spinach: When it comes to greens component of this recipe I use organic spinach for its taste and also to give it the green color that a shamrock shake demands
Here’s some of the benefits of a diet rich spinach from from the article “15 Reasons Why Spinach Is Called a Superfood.”
Take a look at this infographic courtesy of Sush | Healthy Whole Food Eating Tips
Here’s the healthy protein shake recipe:
This delicious and easy Shamrock Protein Shake recipe will surely get you in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day even if you're not Irish ! In fact, it's so good you won't need an excuse to make this protein shake on the other 364 days of the year.
This recipe combines two of my favorite ingredients—leprechaun tears and mint! Ha, just kidding! But seriously, this really is a delicious recipe and made with healthy ingredients including almond milk, Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, vanilla extract, fresh mint leaves, spinach and greek yogurt. When combined the flavors of vanilla extract, mint leaves and spinach and greek yogurt meld together to make a thick, creamy and flavorful treat!
Use this protein shake recipe as a healthy snack, mid-day pick-me-up, meal replacement or as a pre or post workout recovery shake. Try it today!
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder - Vanilla Ice Cream Flavor - 1 Scoop
- Unsweetened Vanilla Flavor Almond Milk - 1 Cup
- Plain Greek Yogurt - 1/4 Cup
- Hemp Seeds - 1 Tablespoon
- Vanilla Extract - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Organic Spinach - 1 Cup
- Organic Mint Leaves - 1 handful
- Redi Whip Fat Free - 2 Tablespoons
- Measure and prepare Shamrock Protein Shake Recipe Ingredients
- Add almond milk, vanilla protein powder, greek yogurt, hemp seeds. mint leaves and spinach to a blender or electric mixer.
- Blend all ingredients for approximately 30 seconds or until it's completely blended.
- After blending, pour shake into your favorite mason jar, glass or shaker bottle and garnish with a spritz of whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 9gCarbohydrates: 9gSugar: 7.5gProtein: 29g
Healthy Ingredient Options
While I don’t usually deviate from this recipe here’s a few options for you to consider if you’d like to mix things up.
Milk Substitute and Alternatives
- Cashew milk
- Regular milk
- Sweetened almond milk
Vegan Protein Powder
- Plant-Based protein – Preferably vanilla flavor
Protein Powder Flavor
- Chocolate protein powder
- Chia seeds
- Chocolate chips
- Peppermint extract
Want More Protein Shake Recipes?
Healthy & Easy Graham Cracker Protein Shake
CLICK HERE To Get The Recipe.
Truly Delicious Oatmeal Cookie Crunch Protein Shake
CLICK HERE To Get The Recipe.
Decadent Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Protein Shake
CLICK HERE To Get The Recipe
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, if you’re looking to up your daily protein quotient and add to your healthy lifestyle, you’re going to want to include this sweet treat in your weekly protein shake rotation. Not only is this recipe a break from the norm of your healthy, yet dull tasting power green shake (kale, chard and parsley), but in fact it’s these types of homemade, low calorie weight loss shakes that are the great way to consume high quality protein and calories to your lifestyle.
Truth be told, this healthy shamrock shake recipe is a bit gimmicky, but when you break down the recipe it’s chock-full of really healthy ingredients that tastes absolutely delicious. I strongly suggest you try it.
So pour some almond milk, scoop some protein powder, toss in some fresh spinach, mint leaves, hemp seeds and vanilla extract and enjoy all that this simple recipe has to offer. Oh, and Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Until next time,
Christian Graham—NSCA-CPT, CFSC, FMS2
Functional Strength & Mobility Specialist – @Body360Fit
PS. And remember, you’re just one workout away…
PPS. Did you enjoy this protein shake recipe? If so, please share it with your friends on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
If you have have any questions or have a recipe to share, please leave it in the comments below. You can also send me a message via the contact form
- The Ultimate Showdown: Glutamine Vs Creatine
- Delicious & Easy Shamrock Protein Shake Recipe
- Foam Rolling: Upper Back & Shoulders (Tutorial)
- Simple & Healthy Banana Protein Shake Recipe
- How To Improve Shoulder Mobility With Wall Slide Exercises