Delicious Graham Cracker Protein Shake Recipe
I love protein shake recipes! Particularly, graham cracker protein shake recipes made with almond milk, natural peanut butter and Muscle Pharm’s Chocolate Milk Flavored Combat Powder. I also really love their Cookies ‘N’ Cream Flavor.
Now to be up front, the protein shake recipe I’m about to share will set you back 325 calories or even more if you use 2 tbsp of peanut butter and an extra sheet of graham crackers. But, well worth it in my opinion, as this is by far one of the Best Tasting Protein Shake Recipes I’ve ever concocted!
Mainly, because I love peanut butter and Graham Crackers, but also because this recipe ups your body’s daily protein quotient. Anyways, I know you’re here to get this delicious and simple protein shake recipe and I’m here to share it with you.
But first a quick note regarding protein shakes and the benefits you can realize from using whey protein powder too!
What Are The Benefits Of Protein Powder?
The benefits of using protein powder for me (and you) is three-fold and all evidence and science based.
- Boosts Protein Intake – Protein powders can help me (and you) boost overall daily protein intake, which assists with post-workout recovery and building a lean, muscular physique. (1)
- Appetite Satiety – Protein shakes decrease hunger and satiate my (and yours) appetite while also increasing energy expenditure. (2)
- Cravings Killer – Carefully crafted protein shake recipes (like this one) help to satisfy my sweet tooth (and yours) and keep my diet (and yours) in check when I’m (and you are) adhering a specific diet and workout program. (3)
Plus protein shakes are ultra-convenient and can be used on-the-go, as quick pre-workout, post-workout recovery shake or as a healthy meal replacement.
Now for the protein shake recipe. Here’s the ingredients:
Here’s The Recipe:
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk - Vanilla Flavor
- 1 tbsp Smooth and Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 scoop Muscle Pharm Combat Powder – Chocolate Milk Flavor
- Graham Crackers – 1 Sheet
- 4 Ice Cubes
- Measure and prepare Graham Cracker Protein Shake ingredients.
- Add almond milk, natural peanut butter, graham crackers, Muscle Pharm Combat Protein Powder and ice cubes into an blender or electric mixer.
- Blend all ingredients for approximately 30 seconds
For a thicker consistency add more ice cubes and blend for a longer period of time,
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 14gCarbohydrates: 21.5gProtein: 31g
Nutritional information may be inaccurate. Please reference individual ingredients nutritional fact panels to verify the caloric value and macronutrient profile of your graham cracker protein shake recipe. I
Do you like this recipe? We’d love it if you shared it on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest!
Shake Nutrition: The Simple Facts
Want More Protein Shake Recipes?
My Protein Shake Supplement Add-Ons
There are a few additional ingredients that are an essential part of my daily vitamin and supplement regimen.
I’ve used them for years and throw them into my shakes every time.
On top of them being odorless and tasteless and very easy-to-use, I also love the benefits I experience while using them.
Here they are:
- Micronized Creatine Monohydrate Powder
- Micronized L-Glutamine Powder
And here’s what you might experience:
- Increased muscle size and strength
- Increased recovery
- Enhanced performance and endurance
If you’re curious about these two performance enhancing ingredients you can learn more below.
Where To Buy Combat Protein Whey Protein Powder?
You can get some great deals on 4 lbs of Combat Powder and other essential flavors on Amazon for about $40 bucks including shipping.
But, if you don’t mind sticking to their Cookies ‘N’ Cream flavor (which is delicious btw) a better deal can be had at Costco. Where you can get 6lbs of Combat Powder for just $39 bucks in store.
What a deal!
Note: The cookies ‘n’ cream flavor is quite versatile when you mix it with a combo of other ingredients too.
So give it a go!
FAQ: More Protein Powder And Protein Shake Info
Protein shakes and protein powders can be healthy and help boost overall daily protein and nutrition. However, it’s important to review the fact panel on protein supplements to determine their individual benefits. Moreover, it’s important to not use protein shakes and only protein shakes for weight loss, but instead combine them with whole foods as well.
Grams of protein powder per scoop vary from product to product and manufacturer to manufacturer. Typically powders will range from 20-30 grams of protein per scoop with protein powder “Mass Gainers” containing as much as 50 grams per scoop.
Post workout shakes are very good after a workout and help to restore glycogen (if your protein shakes have carbohydrates), boost blood sugar and assist with muscle recovery and growth. So pairing protein powders that are higher in carbs makes for the perfect post workout shake!
I make this protein shake every time I need to boost my protein or replace a meal. The mixture of vanilla flavored almond milk, natural, smooth peanut butter and chocolate milk Combat Powder is a true taste delight, while the addition of graham crackers naturally boosts the texture and consistency.
On top of this protein shake recipe tasting outstanding, I love that I can include natural peanut as source of healthy fats for the day, while the protein powder adds the necessary jump to my overall protein count.
All in all, this Healthy and Easy Graham Cracker Protein Shake Recipe is something you can enjoy without the guilt while you’re still making progress in the gym.
It’s definitely one of my go-to post workout recovery elixirs when my blood sugar is low or when my sweet tooth is in high gear.
So pour some almond milk, scoop some protein powder, toss in some peanut butter and crumble some Graham crackers!
I truly hope you enjoy!
Until next time,
PS. And remember, you’re only one workout away!
PPS. Did you enjoy this Chocolate Graham Cracker protein shake recipe or maybe you have a shake recipe of your own to share? Let me know in the comments below.
Want More Protein Shake Recipes?
1. Soenen S, Martens EA, Hochstenbach-Waelen A, Lemmens SG, Westerterp-Plantenga MS. Normal protein intake is required for body weight loss and weight maintenance, and elevated protein intake for additional preservation of resting energy expenditure and fat free mass. J Nutr. 2013;143(5):591-596. doi:10.3945/jn.112.167593, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23446962/
2. Johnstone AM, Stubbs RJ, Harbron CG. Effect of overfeeding macronutrients on day-to-day food intake in man. Eur J Clin Nutr. 1996;50(7):418-430, https//;pub.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8862477
3. Leidy HJ, Tang M, Armstrong CL, Martin CB, Campbell WW. The effects of consuming frequent, higher protein meals on appetite and satiety during weight loss in overweight/obese men. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2011;19(4):818-824. doi:10.1038/oby.2010.203, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20847729/
4. Combat Protein Powder is a registered trademark of Muscle Pharm Corp.
5. Kirkland and Kirkland products are registered trademarks of Costco Corp.
6. Honey Maid Graham Crackers are registered trademarks of Nabisco Corp.